- Michael (45 minutes earlier): * rocking out *
- Laura: hey. sorry i missed you earlier. i was brainstorming at work
- Michael: well you missed the rock. just saying. the train to rockstown has left the station, and laura effing (last name) is notoriously absent.
- Laura: well, laura effing (last name) was writing ads and drinking beer with her coworkers
- Laura: while michael effing champlin was wearing those striped conductor overalls and driving the train
- Michael: you're damn right! * screaming guitar solo *
From the “Missed Connections” section on craigslist:
I fear for the human race, I really do.
The guy talking to me and my date after the Metallica concert - w4m - 20 (Tulsa) “You were talking to me and my friend,John at the bus station.You was real cute and all and wanted to get to know you but I was on a date and did’nt want to be rude,but I wanna get to know you more better.”
Has sneezed eleven times in a row.
As I sit here browsing contemporary photography via flickr groups, it occurs to me that our culture is in fact reverting to the 1980s. It’s the shoegazing, sex-pistols listening counterculture 80s though—not the powerpop big hair 80s—so I suppose I should be grateful.